Friday, September 25, 2009

Beautiful day on the Flume




My Mom is so much fun and I am so lucky to live close to her. I am very fortunate to have a mom that can keep up on hikes and bike rides. Today, she proved yet again she is in great shape. You inspire me Mom to be like you when I am your age. 

We rode the Flume Trail in Tahoe. It was a spectacular day, no wind, no clouds and a perfect temp. This is definitely the best time of year in this area. The BIG hill up to Marlett Lake definitely gave us a challenge, but we conquered and defeated the mighty hill. The rest of the ride proved to be pretty easy and the views, well... they were amazing. Of course, it is hard to beat a panoramic view of the lake. 



1 comment:

jeannie said...

Well, the feeling is mutual! I had a great time, though I couldn't come CLOSE to keeping up with you! The ride down, that you omitted, was almost as challenging to me as the grind up. But, all so worth it. You are wonderful to be with and I had a blast.xoxo