Monday, September 14, 2009

Santiago

After an all night bus ride from Pucon to Santiago, we arrived in at
7am on a Sunday. Sundays in Santiago are like ghost towns. We could
not for the life of us find a place to eat breakfast. The funny thing
about Chile is there really isn't drip coffee. It is all instant, but
surprisingly alright to drink. All I heard about Santiago, is that it
is not worth going to. Actually I like the city a lot, except for the
massive smog problem they have. The city is actually quite safe and
the mountains are incredible that tower over the city. I think I like
any place with mountains.

After all of this time on the road, I realized I have not talked about
any of the people I have met along the way. I have been so fortunate
to meet some amazing people and each one has forever changed me in a
good way.

Claire and John Morris from England are truly the most entertaining
couple I have ever met. There energy and spunk makes me so happy to be
around. Claire will forever be my friend, secret crush and travel
mother. Everday you guys surprised me with the funny things you said
and your amazing outlook on life. I now have an English accent because
of you guys:-)

Samantha and Allan Jamisola are the most caring and genuine couple.
Everyday was an adventure and you guys were always up for more. I felt
like you guys took me under your wing. Sam you are also a great friend
as well as my mistress from Claire;-) I can't wait until you guys
visit me in Tahoe.

Trevor, you are a riot. You have a great energy and were always a
blast to be around. I wish we could travel on together, it would just
add to our amazing memories. Dancing on bars, etc!! Keep smiling
because you have a great one. Anyone in your group is very lucky to
have such a great leader. You are welcome to Tahoe anytime;-)

Lauren and Kim, thanks for your kind hearted soles and your fantastic
Spanish. You both are an absolute pleasure to be around. Good luck at
school and thanks for the great dance sessions.

Everyone else was so much fun and a pleasure to be around. Thanks for
the great memories!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed following your travels, sounds like you had a blast and met some really cool people along the way!