Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rafting, hot springs and el señor hanky

How much can I fit into a day? Well... that is what everyone is
wondering. I'm now called the mountain goat and the energizer bunny.

Rafting was on the agenda for the day! I've been rafting so this was
something I just wanted to do, because well... I'm in South America.
It was definitely worth it. Class 4 rapids, lots of water and a guide
who was hysterical. I was the only one who had done it, so watching
the first timers was a hoot as well. They were so scared!

Afterwards it was off to the hot springs for the sunset. They were
next to the river and the water was delightful, but like any hottub I
don't last to long. It made me so relaxed.

Beware the next bit might be to much to handle. Just a warning for
ya'll.

Now... Since I'm traveling we all have to share bathrooms and the
bathrooms are not in the best condition. For one you can not put
toilet paper down the toilet. It has to go into the trash next to the
toilet. Two, I'm staying in hostels so the conditions range from bad
to even worse on the bathroom side of things. It is definitely
something u have to get used to. Well, I did my business yesterday
morning and for some reason the business did not want to get flushed.
I know this sounds terrible, but it was there all day. After a days
worth of flushing and other peoples business, it still was there. We
all had quite the laugh and we named it el señor hanky. Of course when
your traveling the littlest things become hysterical. At one point I
was laughing so hard I was crying. I guess this is my jack ass move
for the day. Next time, I'm not sure what I could do different except
prey the toilet flushes properly. I tried to make that as PG as
possible.

Cheers!;-)

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Oohwee! We are lucky here in the U.S. with superior plumbing. The rafting must have been wild. Class 4 is impressive! xoxo

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.