Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Southern Hospitality

Yvan and Leandro were my tour guides for the day. They are friends of
my sister and brother and law. Casa Rosada (their White House), the
marina, a local microbrewery (muy bueno), an art gallery, parilla
(best meat ever), argentinian wine, and tango were just a few of the
festivities. Talk about southern hospitality... I had never met either
of these men and they took me under their wing to show me around.

Details... Of course:-)
Microbrews - delicious honey beer that was 8.5 % alcohol. I had to be
careful with these. Not having any food all day and then these will
knock u right on your ass. I made sure to eat something.

Parilla (pronounced parr-rolled r-i-sha) ll is sha in Argentina.
Basically this is a restaurant of meat. Any kind of cut you want.
Leandro was kind enough to explain the entire menu to me. I had some
type of steak, which I don't normally eat, and it was delicious. We
had this with some fantastic red wine.

The other details ;-) Both men are happily in relationships, but very
cute I must add. I met Yvan's girlfriend Martina. She is just as cute
as him.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh good! Glad you met up with Yvan, Marina, and Leandro. Very nice of them to show you around. Helps to know some locals :)

jeannie said...

What a delightful way to start your trip. They sound like the perfect introduction to a wonderful city and country. Your Spanish is probably going to get better each day. xoxo