Subway- people walk by and put things on your lap. Scissors, hair clips, pad of paper. At first I was thinking what the heck are they doing. Then, I realized they want you to buy the stuff. They walk by drop it in your lap whether you want them to or not, then they walk back by and pick it up a few minutes later. People are so used to it. They sometimes don´t even acknowledge that there is anything on their lap or they pick it up and look at it. I never saw anyone buy anything. Huh, not sure if that business plan is working to well.
I am officially the jack ass of the trip. First I was late for the first bus and they all had to wait for me, then I lost my baggage ticket when we got off the bus. They would not give me my bag. I had to bribe the guy to give it to me. None of these people know me in my group and their first impression is of this absent minded girl who can´t seem to get herself together. I think since I am on vaca, I have left all of my responsiblity at home. My mind is all over the place. I have since made up for my bad first impressions and I think the group likes me a lot more now. Who wouldn´t right! They actually thought I didn´t like them. I will probably never live down this entire trip.
Longest bus ride ever. 24 hours from BA to Bariloche. I was in and out of sleep the entire time. Weird, ever since I got here, I sleep like a baby. At home I was getting 4 to 5. Here it is about 7 or 8. I think it is the no stress. My feet swelled so bad. Yuck, that has never happened before.
At the grocery store in Bariloche, I heard these two guys speaking english. I got so excited I walked up to them and said, Hey, you speak english, where are you guys from? Turns out one is from here and the other is from Canada. They own a travel company. They invited me to learn to Tango that night. I took one of the girls from my group and we went to this hotel. It was very nice and totally lagite. It was a group lesson taught by this lady that spoke no english, but it was so much fun. We learned the basics and we had a blast. They invited us for dinner and drinks. It was so nice and FREE. Funny who you can meet in the grocery store.
Last night we went out on the town and an Argentinian bought me a drink. He didn´t speak a lick of english. I laughed, because he kept trying to talk to me and I couldn´t understand a word. His friend had to translate for him. Heehee.
Today, I took the bus up to Catedral, the ski resort, to go skiing and it rained. Not just rain, but down poored. I walked around for about 20 minutes and got soaking wet. Two days ago everyone keeps telling me the weather was great. Man, I guess today was not the day for snowboarding.


2 comments:
Funny stories! I read them aloud to Ben and Mariah. Weird about the things dropping in your lap. Why do they think you're going to buy those things? We were amazed and amused. Sleep is good, tango is fun, rain is in inevitable and laughter is necessary. Keep laughing and having fun. xoxo
That's funny about them dropping things in your lap! Glad your liking your group, and they are liking you. You'll have to show us your tango moves when you get back. Zach and I laughed about the bus ride and how you had to brib the guy to get your bag back. Good thing you got it!
Post a Comment