Sunday, September 6, 2009

Snowboarding!!!

Wonderful steak dinner last night. I find myself not even caring that I am eating red meat again. It was so delicious with chimichurri on top. The futbol game was on, Argentina v Brazil, so we watched it at the hostel and then headed out to the disco (name for club or bar). The Argentinian men are very forward around here. I don´t think I have paid for one drink, they all want to dance, buy me drinks, and sing to me. I think my group is getting a kick out of me getting a lot of attention. I have to say, I like the attention as well. One guy was from Mendoza up by Santiago. He said if I taught him to snowboard he would teach me spanish. I really thought about taking him up on it. Another guy at our hostel can not speak a lick of english, but he really likes me. His friend keeps telling me. Yesterday out of the blue he walked up to me and said, I love you!! I thought that was so sweet, and a little funny as well.

Jack ass move for the day - dropped my deoderant in the toilet before my shower. Yuck!! I had to fish it out and then wash it and yes I am still using it. Luckly our hostel is very nice, so it was not to terrible.

I bought a shirt yesterday and the lady gave me a coke togo. I think it was a gift for buying something. I had to laugh because that was definitely a first.

Today, after staying out until 5:30 this morning I got up and went to the mountain. It had dumped yesterday so the snow was great. It was a total of $62 for the ticket and the rental of boots and board. So cheap! The snow was really wet and heavy but it felt fantastic skiing in the Andes with the great views and pretty good weather. I almost pulled another jack ass move. I was supposed to meet my group at 4. At 3 I thought I would go in early and have a snack, just to make sure I was not late. I took a cattrack that I thought went to the lodge and of course it sent me to the entire wrong side of the mountain. I started to stress big time. I was thinking, Oh crap I am not doing this again. I did manage to get back in time, but for some reason I can´t seem to pull it together. My mind is all over the place. Around here they call it Argentinian time, because no one really arrives on time. I am fitting right in!

Side note- I have to applogize for my spelling and grammar. I have to hurry when I am on the computer because others are waiting. Besides I think you at get the gist.

Differences in this world.
1. People eat dinner really late here. 9:30 is early. 10:30 is normal. I will see people in there seventies eating that late. It blows me away.
2. You have to bring toilet paper with you almost everywhere, because most bathrooms don´t have them or you have to pay for it.
3. People don´t go out on the town until about 2 in the morning. That is the time to go, otherwise the clubs are dead. No wonder I was out until 5:30.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Mother's advice of the day: Beware of the Latin men! Glad you got to snowboard. Sounds wonderful. Love you!xoxo

Gabe said...

Glad your having a great time!