Friday, September 4, 2009

Cemetary/Shopping/Dinner of International Cuisine

Well, I will have to add the pictures later. A lot has happening since my last update. I sort of ran out of Internet access for a while. In the past couple of days I took some excursions to exciting place, did some great shopping and hung out with what are now friends.

Highlights-
On Wednesday I walked to the Cemetary of Recolecta. This is an amazing place. All of the graves are like tombs. Some are very new with marble and granite with glass covering the entrance. Others are old and run down. Coffins are readily visble to the passerbys. My favorite was the cats. Cats roam the graveyard playing about. They are all very healthy looking and have a lot of character.

Went to Palermo to shop. Sarah, my sister,said there was great cheap shopping here and well that is what I did. I got some great things for very cheap. Gotta love shopping in a huge city with great prices.

Dinner with Yvan and his girlfriend. They met me at Argentinia Mexican food. Called the Taco Box. I had to laugh, a little funny for a name and I have to say I was not expecting it to be very good. Well, they were some of the best tacos I have had. Thetaco shells were corn hard shells and delicious.  After dinner we went to an Irish Pub and had some very good local brews. Yvan likes the same type of beer as me, so I have been lucky enough to have some great beverages. I like to consider this the night of International Affiar. Yvan and his girlfriend were so nice to have me along and show me around. Thanks to them if they read this!! Great, great people.

Thursday
Woke up and took the Subway to meet Yvan for some more shopping and lunch. It was actually easy to get on the subway, even though my spanish sucks. I did get off at the wrong stop, but Yvan was able to find me. I was lost. We shopped about and of course I got a few more bargains. Then we met for lunch at a pizzaria. Yummy! it was so good. Again, some of the best pizza ever. These Argenitinians really know how to cook.

I had to run because I had to meet up with my travel crew and catch our bus to Bariloche. Of course, the subway decided to take forever. It would stop, then go about two miles an hour and then stop. I was looking at my watch, knowing that if I was late they would leave me behind. The guide said he would if people were late. Here I am getting off the subway running to my hotel and thank god I made it. He had already left a note on my bag ready to leave me. Yikes!! I think back and it would have not been that bad if they left me, I would have just met up with Yvan and caught another ride down to Bariloche. I am glad I made it though, makes things a lot easier.

More updates and pictures to come. Busy, busy... but loving it and having a blast.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice work kid! Glad you made the bus to Bariloche :) LONG ride ah? Glad you had some good food, friends, and sites in BA! Now to more fun in Bariloche!

Aimé said...

Erin, Chantel and I are LOVING your updates and keeping up with you and your travels! Sounds like you are having a BLAST and I'm so happy you're able to update your blog via iPhone. Yeah, go Apple!! We miss you but it sounds like you are having an amazing time with the dancing, food, wine, beer, and the handsome tour guides. :)

jeannie said...

Wow, glad you made the bus! Sounds like everything is going great and couldn't be better. So happy to talk to you. We are hanging on your every word, so keep giving us the details! xoxo