Friday, April 2, 2010

New Roomies

Kim and Sean are the couple I live with. He owns the house and works for DeMarini Baseball Bats (a little ironic) as an engineer. He was just in China for work, so today was actually the first day I met him. He was so kind to bring a couple scarfs back for me. I couldn't believe how generous that was and unexpected. Sean has a dog named Abby, she is a Weimerheimer. She is a cutie and has so far gotten along well with Wanda. They were even playing the other night, it was so adorable. Abby was a little concerned when I moved in. I think I took her room, so she would stand in my room and give out little barks to let me know she wasn't so happy. I think she has already adapted because she now will just hangout without any concern. Kim is a student at Lewis and Clark and will be finishing her undergrad this semester. She works at Safeway part-time downtown and has some interesting stories to tell about her job. She is also from Sun Valley, ID, believe it or not. So far, both have been so welcoming and easy to get along with.
















                      



Martina is my other roommate. She is from Austria and is finishing up her graduate degree this semester at University of Portland (the school Nik got his undergrad at). She knows about 5 languages including German. She has been so helpful with the move and has really made an effort to make me feel like part of the house.


The roomies eat a lot of meals together and I have to say this is something I am getting used to. I am so used to just worrying about me, that I don't think about the rest of the house. I keep things simple. If I am hungry I eat the easiest thing (usually a Clifbar and maybe some fruit). Martina was appalled at this and said that I am not allowed to have more than one Clifbar a day. She makes everything from scratch and sets the table for all the meals. I really do appreciate this. She has already taught me how to cook so many things, I am thinking I might have to kick the Clifbar diet. Besides, I don't want to be the bad roommate and not participate in the household gatherings. I really could not have asked for a better setup.

3 comments:

Nik Kosach said...

I am sooooo, soooooo Happy for you and Wandaroo! Abbey looks just like our team owners Dog and apparently Weimaraner is a town in Germany where the dogs were first breed.

Sarah said...

hooray for your new Portland family! I couldn't be happy for you :) Can't wait to meet them!

jeannie said...

Hellooo to your Portland family. They look like they're going to be great to live with and lucky to have found YOU to be their housemate! xoxo Mom