Easter was quite an event this year. My house decided we were going to prepare an Easter brunch detailed with an Easter egg hunt and festive hats. I was in charge of the lamb roast which sounded a little intimidating, but I was willing to take it on. It actually was a lot easier than I anticipated. I prepared the roast, popped it in the oven, went on a run and showered just in time to pull it out of the oven ready to be carved. It ended up being very delicious. Along side of our lamb we had potatoes, deviled eggs, fruit salad and bread bunnies that Martina and I prepared the night before. We had some friends join us in our party and it turned out to be a lovely time.
That night we were invited over to my friend Andrew's parents house (The Wrisleys) for dinner. They were kind enough to invite all of his orphan friends (people without families around) over for an Easter dinner (4 orphans in all). We had an exceptional meal (which I was still full from earlier in the day) that his mom prepared. While I was in food comma we watched the opening game of Major League Baseball, Yankees vs Red Sox. Watching baseball has become so much more interesting since Nik has been in my life. This was the first MLB game I have watched since we have been together and I really enjoyed it.
Even though I was away from my loved ones, I was able to have a great day with my new friends in my new life.


3 comments:
My Baba and Mom would be so proud you can cook lamb........I am too. I wish I could be there! I miss you more each day!
Hooray! Glad you had a good Easter :)
Hey, that food looks great! You will be quite the cook hanging with those ladies. We miss you here in Reno, but glad you're there with some good folks. xoxo Mom
Post a Comment