
Poor Nik and I have had sinus infections and he lost his voice, so we have been two sickly people trying to get healthy. The funny thing is, whenever he laughs it sounds so funny, I start to laugh, then he keeps laughing and basically we can't stop. So, most of our ride up to Portland yesterday consisted on these uncontrollable laughter attacks. In other words, we had a great ride. Also, along the way, we spotted a gigantic rainbow. I have never seen anything like it. This rainbow was touching ground about 50 feet from the road and about 300 yards on the other side of the freeway. I like to think it was a good omen for my move. Or, maybe I am just going to find a pot of gold.
For the time being, I am staying at the Little's house. Gus and Colleen live in Beaverton in a great home, with their new puppy Ruby. Ruby absolutely loves Wanda so they had a great time of wrestling when we first arrived. Nik and I headed downtown for dinner at our favorite restaurant, Jake's Famous Crawfish, and had a late happy hour meal. We are really doing a great job enjoying every last minute together, and it truly has been a blast.
I am very excited to be up here. I love this city and am looking forward to calling this my home. The ocean and Mt Hood are an hour away. The architecture and vibe of the city are incredible. It is a bike and environmentally friendly city and the culture is very kick back and easy going. All of these attributes are right down my alley. My main goal while I am here is to finish my undergrad and hopefully my masters. I will keep everyone posted on everything that is happening (I am sure there is going to be a lot to write about in the near future).




5 comments:
Hooray!! So glad you made it and are liking your new living situation. When can I come visit ;)?
The rainbow is awesome. I think it's a good omen for sure. We're looking forward to visiting, too! xoxo
Yay Erin! I am excited for your new beginning, and I can't wait to come visit you soon. Sending you lots of love sister.
This is CC in case you were wondering who this Christine character is.
xoxo
I am so excited to hear of your new adventures in Portland, sounds right up your alley. Can't wait to visit!
Post a Comment