Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bay Area for the week

Since Nik is leaving soon (off to Germany), I have been spending quite a lot of time here in the Bay Area. I has been beautiful everyday, around 70 degrees and we have had a wonderful time. We have done many things, but mainly we have just been trying to get some quality time in. Last Thursday we watched the San Jose Sharks (hockey) win an outstanding game against the Predators. They were down until the 3rd quarter where they made 4 goals, including an amazing backhanded goal. 


His parents were here over the weekend so, it was fun getting to spend some quality time with them. We walked the Lafayette Reservoir twice and went to one of Nik's baseball games. He is the coach for a 14 and under team for Moraga. Gail made lamb one night for dinner and we had a fantastic time telling stories, laughing and enjoying being together. On Monday, Nik and I took the trip down to visit Nana. We enjoyed catching up, going to lunch and picking oranges and lemons from her trees. That night his brother and sister in-law (Steve and Susie) made us dinner in the city. Steve made a mean tri tip, (probably the best I have ever had) mashed potatoes, asparagus and Nik made pazookies for dessert. Food comma for sure! 

(Bad photo. I'll blame the iPhone)

For St. Patrick's Day we went into the city again to hangout with his brother. Nik had a late baseball game that night so we did not get into the city until about 9 PM. I didn't mind though, I really enjoy watching him coach. We went to the neighborhood Irish pubs and had fun hanging out with some new french friends. It has been a great trip. One I am not looking forward to ending. 

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Glad you're having such a good time. Nik and his family are wonderful and I'm glad you enjoy them so much and they you. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! xoxo Mom

Sarah said...

Sounds like your living life to the fullest :) Best o' luck to Nik in Germany. I'm looking forward to your move to Portland and hope I can help.