Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Home

Yesterday I moved into my new home. I have three roommates, a couple (Sean and Kim) and another girl from Austria (Martina). Funny thing is Martina and Kim speak German, so they might be able to help me with my speaking skills. They are all great people and very welcoming. The house is in North Portland or St. Johns neighborhood. It is a cute up and coming neighborhood with delicious coffee shops, fun places to hangout, many parks to take Wanda and friends near by.


The great thing about this living situation is they do family dinners many times a week and they cook everything from scratch. Also, everything they eat is organic or grass fed. This is going to be a great set up for me, because then I will have the chance to make new friends and feel like I am a part of something in Portland. Yesterday, I wasn't sure what to expect when I moved in, but it turned out to be a fantastic day. Martina went with me to Ikea, so I could get some sheets, hangers and other little things, then we met up with our friend Wanda (pronounced Vunda) and took the dogs for a short run/walk through Cathedral Park. Cathedral Park is under the St. Johns Bridge. It is beautiful and we were lucky to have the nice weather.





















Afterwards, Martina and I made dinner. We made chicken stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and garlic. She also showed me how to make a delicious garlic hummus. Our meal was fantastic and it was definitely a great way to start off at a new place.



So many new things, it is weird to think about how different my life is. Things are coming together though, one step at a time. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hip, hip, hooray for you! So happy you are liking your new home and your roommies seem great. Can't wait to meet them! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Erin congratulations on the move. Portland will be great. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the job front. I will be visiting as well. xo

jeannie said...

You're sliding in to your new "home base", too. Looks great from here. love you!