
Well, it is official. Nik has been recruited to play professional baseball in Germany for the Paderborn Untouchables. He will be leaving on March 26th for 6 months. Playing professional ball has been Nik's dream since he was a little boy starting baseball on the Reno Little League Team, the Padres. I remember playing against him when I was in first and second grade on the Giants and the Astros. He was fortunate to play in college for the University of Portland in the Division One League as their starting catcher and one of their top hitters. He then coached for 4 years during grad school and is now having this incredible opportunity. He will be the starting catcher for The Untouchables. The Untouchables have dominated the Germany baseball league since 2001, winning every championship. I am very happy for him and his opportunity and I will definitely be making a trip out there to watch him play. Nik will be starting a blog to document his journey while he is there. I will be sure to post it on my page.
Paderborn is located in North Central Germany. It has a university and is a huge town for American Sports (baseball, American football and volleyball). It was founded in 795 by Charlemagne and the population is over 144,000 with approximately 10% students.
Congratulations Nik!!
I am very proud of you. You will do so well and I can't wait to watch you play.
1 comment:
Best of luck to Nik!!!
Post a Comment