Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows





Nik, Wris and I decided that even though it was poring down rain in Portland, that was not going to stop us from heading up to Mt. Hood for some skiing (and in my case snowboarding). The weather was pretty warm, so the snow was the heaviest I have ever skied. We compared it to glue, when you slowed down it would grab you and suck you in, which made it hard to get going again. The entire day was hard work. Poor Nik was wearing in some new skis and boots, so he was having an extra hard time. Even though the entire day was spent working hard, I still had an incredible time with the boys.
When I was little I went to snowboard camp twice for two summers up at Mt. Hood and it brought back some great memories of the fantastic mountain. I remember seeing the beautiful peak of Mt. Hood and thinking how exciting it was to be snowboarding on a volcano. Too bad I couldn't see the top of the volcano this time around. The clouds were low and it snowed and rained a few times. Regardless, I still had a blast and loved every moment. I know I will be back soon enough.

     

No comments: