Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

Since I am an expecting mother to be I didn't think I got credit for this Mother's Day. Everyone else around me thought otherwise. Nik, my employees and our friends were all wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I thought that was sweet, but I still feel I am not quite there yet. The bun in the oven has a long way to go.
eating breakfast at St Honore (yummy)
Neither of our Mothers were around or should we say we weren't around them, but we made sure to embrace the day and enjoy all the sun and fun we could handle. We started off our day with a run to St Honore. It is a french bakery about 1 mile away and it felt good to get moving. I haven't worked out in quite sometime. We enjoyed an awesome breakfast and as full as we were we were able to run back home.


Then, We met up with our friends, Haley, John and Dillon. We rode our bikes all over town. Heading to Sunday Parkways (an event that takes place many Sundays during the summer, where they close off certain streets for a day to allow bikers and walkers to ride.) It is a great way to see areas of town you might never explore. The loop was about 8 miles so we had fun with all the families riding along the NE side of Portland. Afterwards we rode up to University of Portland (where Nik went to college and played baseball) and we watched his beloved Pilots play against the St. Mary's Gaels (where Nik went to Grad school and coached in Moraga, Ca). We enjoyed getting a rest off our bikes to watch the game and enjoy the sun. By the time we made it back home I was exhausted. It was the most exercise I had done in awhile, but it felt good to be active again.

John and Dillon working on their bikes
Haley and I resting up
enjoying the game

John and Haley
To our wonderful Mothers. We love you very much and wish we could have been there with you to celebrate the day. To all the other mothers and expecting mothers, Happy Mother's Day!!


No comments: