With the weather becoming so nice around here, I felt like this weekend needed to be taken advantage of. On Saturday, I went for a great run down Willamette Blvd. past University of Portland and back totaling a little over 5 miles. This is a great road to run on, because of the fantastic views of the city and the cute houses along the way. Then, Martina, Wanda (my friend), Susie and I packed some food and headed over to Council Crest Park for a picnic. Council Crest is a park situated above the city of Portland with spectacular views of both Mt Hood and Mt Rainier.
It has a very large grassy area and views almost 360 degrees around. We laid out a couple blankets and had a nice lunch of chicken wraps and salad with brownies for dessert. We enjoyed our time chatting, reading and just laying out soaking up the sunshine. In the evening Martina and I sat out on our front porch playing scrabble and hanging out. This was her last night here before she heads to Austria for a month.


The next morning I decided to ride my bike to Sauvie Island to meet up with Wanda and Andrew. From there we were going to ride around the island totaling about 25 miles. Sauvie Island is just north of Portland and is occupied by many organics produce farms. They have a corn maze, pumpkin patch, farmers market and many farms that you can go too to pick your own produce. I absolutely loved the ride and enjoyed seeing all the wonderful farms along the way. Going with people that knew the way definitely made the ride more pleasurable because I didn't have to worry about where I was supposed to go. Now I feel like I could do the ride whenever I want, solo or with friends. I will definitely be making more trips out to the island for a ride, the farmers market or the pumpkin patch in the fall (I am really looking forward to that).

2 comments:
That's awesome! So happy you are getting good weather and enjoying it with friends :)
I am happy you are having so much fun! Tell Andrew I said nice legs...... WOW!
Post a Comment