Thai massage is a huge thing around here. We kept hearing about how
sore people were after the massage and how hard the lady was on them. It didn't sound very appealing, but after I wikipediaed Thai massage I
discovered it is a deep tissue full body massage. Most places charge
200 baht for an hour. That's like $7. Nik and I figured we would give
it a shot. My lady at one point was literally standing on my back
pulling my feet over my head. I was put in so many ackward positions,
it felt like she was making it up as she went. Then, I would look over
at Nik and he would be in the same position. We both would start
laughing. She kept having to ask if I was ok, because I kept putting
out these moans. I really couldn't help it, it was weird. Overall it
was an interesting experience, one I'm not sure I will repeat.
The next morning Nik and I hurried to catch a ferrie back to the main
land to the town of Ao Nang (a small town outside of Krabi). We
decided to take this day as a chill day, basically laying on the
beach. We stayed at a place called Aloha Inn. (I know very American).
The owner was American as well. He was a really nice guy, but he would
talk our ear off. Once he started going it was hard for us to leave.
Maybe he was just excited to see some of his own, there aren't many of
us out here. Really though, I think he might have done to many drugs
in his younger days.
I haven't talked about the rain around here. All of a sudden, out of
no where the rain will come and it will dump. I'm not talking about
pouring rain, I'm talking about buckets of rain. So much that if you
stand in it for a second, you will be drenched. We have had multiple
instances where we get stuck somewhere because it is raining to hard.
For instance, in Ao Nang we were looking for a place to have dinner.
The buckets started coming down and we basically had to choose the
place we we standing next to. It is fun to watch the rain come down
while eating dinner and luckily it stopped long enough for us to leave
the restaurant and head back to the hotel. We haven't been so lucky
with the other rain experiences.
Our goal was to travel from the Andaman Sea over to the Gulf of
Thailand, to the island of Ko Phangnan and Ko Tao. We left early in
the morning taking a tuk tuk to the bus station, then two buses (4
hrs) to the ferrie port, then a 3.5 hr ferrie to Ko Phangnan, then
another tuk tuk to the hotel. It was about a 10 hr travel day, one we
were not expecting to be that long. The buses look like a disco club
from the seventies on the inside and the tuk tuk rides are like a ride
from Disneyland. We were so tired when we got here, but made it safe
and managed to not get to grumpy along the way.

1 comment:
That massage story was hilarious. I was laughing so hard. I'm just glad you and Nik were able to walk out of there!
Post a Comment