Monday, January 18, 2010

Headed home!!

Well... we are on our way home. It is hard to believe this trip has
come to an end. It has been such an amazing experience. So many great
memories, pictures, videos that we can't wait to go through and
organize. Sitting in the Bangkok airport I can't help but think of the
huge loop Nik and I did around thailand. Starting in Bangkok, flying
down to Phuket, taking a ferrie to Ko Phi Phi, then another ferrie to
Krabi, a bus to Surat Thani, another ferrie to Ko Phangnan, then to Ko
Tao, one last ferrie to Chumphon, and a bus back up to Bangkok. Talk
about planes, trains and automobiles except we did planes, ferries and
buses. I have no idea how many miles we clocked, but I do know we did
it about 9000 miles from home. Basically the complete other side of
the earth and a day ahead. Yet, we were able to communicate with
everyone when well timed. We leave Bangkok at 5:30 on Monday and
arrive in San Francisco on Monday at 6:30. Because of the time change,
it seems like a short trip, when actually it is about 23 hours of
travel. Yuck!! The price we must pay for seeing some sights of the
world.

No comments: