Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!!

Most of my Thanksgivings are spent cooking all day long, eating and drinking, then lounging around in Turkey comma for the rest of the day. This year was a little different. Our family decided instead of doing the whole cooking thing, we would attend a family friends party and join in their fun. We did bring along some cornbread stuffing, which proved to be a huge challenge for my Mom and me. I think our head was just out of the cooking game and our focus was not anywhere near putting anything together. We had some good laughs though, trying to revamp the stuffing we had nearly ruined. The Agee's, the Latham's (yep, Sarah and Zach came to town) and the Lyle (Me) all headed over to the Sewell's home and enjoyed a fantastic time. All of the people at the party were old family friends that I had not seen in years. Instead of having a kids and an adult table like there used to be, it was now the adult and the senior table. None of the "seniors" were really that, it was just the running joke with the "adult" table. I have to say the seniors were quite the partiers.They were the first ones to take over the dance floor. It was so much fun catching up.


Afterwards, I met up with Nik and his family at the Grand Sierra Resort to have a good ole' game of bowling. I wasn't expecting to have any sort of game, but I proved to hold my own. I managed to win every game but one. The one I didn't win, Nik's Mom managed to get a Turkey (3 Xs in a row) on the last round. It was quite the site to see. Then, Nik's Dad managed to beat his mom by only a couple points. It was so much fun having friendly competition with a family I had not seen in years.

On Saturday, the Latham's, Nik and I headed over to my Dad and Sherri's for a salmon Thanksgiving dinner. The food Sherri made was absolutely delicious and we had a great time catching up and hanging out.


Thanksgiving is always a long weekend of eating, drinking and family. Even though this year was pretty unconventional, I truly enjoyed every moment.



The things I am thankful for are: family, friends, love, health, happiness, creativity and Wanda.

3 comments:

jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeannie said...

Well, here's the third try!.....It was a really fun weekend and great to meet Nik, too. I can tell you love the social part of the holidays as much as I do. xoxo Mom