Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back to the Bay

Last week was a week of catching up with friends and of course family. I decided to take a trip down to the  Bay Area to meet up with some people I had not seen for a while.




First Stop was to visit Nana (my Grandmother). I try to make a visit out to her house a couple times a year to catch up and just spend some quality time with her. Of course, like always it was a fantastic visit. We went to a delicious italian dinner and went home to reminisce about old times. She told me the story of how She and Ken (my Grandfather) met. I hope I tell this right, but she and Ken were at a cocktail party with other dates. Some how she and Ken started chatting and completely ignored the people they had come with. When the party was over, Nana and Ken went their separate ways with their dates, but each of them ended up taking the dates home early. It was obvious that these couples weren't going to work out. That night at about 2 in the morning Nana receives a phone call. It is Ken and he tells her, he has spent the last few hours on the phone with the operator trying to figure out the last name of the lady he had met that night named Virginia (Nana) at a party he was at. It is all history from there, because they spent the next 40 plus years together. Thank you Nana for sharing this story. I love to hear about a true love that lasted like yours did. Also, as always it is great to see you. I love you and miss you already!

Next Visit was Pantea (Panties as I call her). She was my college roommate and great friend. I had not seen her for at least 2 years, so we spent a lot of the time catching up. She was so sweet to let me stay at her flat. Which by the way, is a great set up. We talked about old times, what we have been up to since we had seen each other last and of course laughed the entire time. We each have contagious laughs so when one of us starts laughing, the other is bound to follow in laughter.



Next stop was to meet up with Nik. Nik and I reconnected about a month and a half ago and pretty much have been inseparable ever since. We knew each other when we were very little, but had not seen each other for about 15 years. We decided to head up the coast to Fort Bragg for a Brewery tour. Our day consisted of stopping at, I think, 5 breweries trying samples as we went (being careful not to drink to much along the way). We had a blast enjoying each others company and sampling the brews. The next day was Nik's birthday. He didn't want his birthday to be a big deal, so he offered for his birthday to become my birthday. Of course, I took him up on his offer. It was fun pretending the day was my big day. That night we met up with some of his friends and family and we all went to The House of Prime Rib. The food was spectacular and I think he really enjoyed himself for HIS/MY birthday.



I had the best weekend, enjoying old and new relationships. I truly had the time of my life. I am very fortunate to have such great people in my life. I look forward to my future, but am very happy in the NOW.


2 comments:

jeannie said...

OH good! Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself with the people that matter most. xoxo

jeannie said...

Ooops that was Sarah's comment not Jeannie's...I am on her computer...