Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Seattle Weekend



Me, Nik, Sara and Danny at Pike's Place

I have been in Portland for almost a year and a half and I have not been to Seattle yet. I lived in Seattle for 8 months right out of high school and since I left in 2000, I have not been back. So finally taking the trip to the Emerald City was long over due. Our friends (Danny and Sara) invited us up for the weekend of some city time and spending some time on the Pudget Sound at Danny's family cabin. We went to Pike's Place, ran around Greenlake, crabbed, dug for clams and I remeniced about the old times when I lived in the city. 

Sara and I getting ready for our ferry trip
View from the Bainbridge Ferry of Seattle
After we arrived at Bainbridge Island we drove about 45 minutes North to the tip of a peninsula near Point No Point. Danny's family has had a cabin there for most of his life and he has many great memories of doing all the fun things he and his dad showed us how to do. The view from the cabin faced the Olympic Mountains. When we could see them they were pretty spectacular, but most of the time they were stuck in the clouds. 

Crabbing in the dingy
3 Dungeness Crabs




Nik, Wanda and I enjoying our crab
digging for clams
starfish and sand dollars were plentiful
There were thousands of live sand dollars all over the beach during low tide. We walked around exploring the small tide pools. Crabs, sand dollars, starfish, clams, oysters were just a few. 

Nik's outfit for the weekend
 It wasn't exactly warm and the weather was crummy, but we didn't really notice. We enjoyed ourselves anyway. We had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed spending time with good friends. Danny's parents took good care of us at the cabin. They made all the meals and kept us busy the entire time. They were so sweet and made us feel so welcome. 

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Erin, your pictures are great. I love that area and Seattle has so much going on. Like Portland, but different so it makes a great weekend. Glad you and Nik could go!