Our friends the Griffin's invited us to one of the Timbers games in Portland a few nights ago. The Timbers are a soccer team that went pro this year. The stadium they play in used to house the Portland Beavers (baseball), but on the condition that the Timbers went pro they wanted the stadium to themselves. Nik was heart broken, because now there is no Portland AAA baseball, but the town is crazy over the Timbers. All of a sudden Portland is this huge soccer town. Personally, I do get it. I have never really liked soccer, but because we were invited and we hadn't seen our friend's in quite some time, we couldn't turn them down. And, one of their best players actually lives in our building (Cooper), so I had to see what this guy was made of.
The updated soccer stadium actually looked really nice and I had a great time catching up with Jessamyn, Dan and their 13 month old son, Ewan. We had one of the best seats in the house, in a sky box just off the corner of the field.
2 comments:
Fun! What's the new mascot, a lumber jack? Should I beat him up?
He is a lumber jack, but he has a real chainsaw. I wouldn't mess with him.
Post a Comment