Nik drove down earlier in the week to visit with family, because he had not seen any of them since his arrival home. He was able to bring Wanda with him, which was great for me, because during the week I am way to busy to take the proper care of our little one. Wanda had fun going on hikes and playing with my Mom's dog, Luke.
I flew down early Friday morning. I left the house at 3:40 am to catch the early train to the airport. It was way way early for me, but for the $2.35 it cost me and the 7:20 am arrival into Reno, it was worth it. Nik and I had time to go to lunch with my Dad and Sheri and then have an early birthday dinner with my Mom and Ben. We had a delicious dinner of salmon, risotto, veggies and apple crisp for dessert. Thanks Mom for the special dinner.
Saturday was packing day. Nik and I rented a Budget, and spent the day organizing and deciding what would go and stay. Mom and Ben were so much help. They really went out of their way. After an afternoon of packing we headed to Nik's parents house to watch the Giants playoff game and UNR football. It was fun hanging at the Kosach household again. We had a great time spending time with the fam.
Sunday was time to head back. I followed Nik in his car and he drove the Budget. We made the long slow drive 11 hours North to Portland. Arrival time was 8:30 and because we really did not want to sleep on the air mattress just one more night, we decided to unload the truck. It was a huge task to start that late, but it was worth it to have a comfy bed. By 2 am Monday morning we were all in. It was tiring and it was hard, but we are so glad we did it and we have everything we need.
I will send updated pictures of our place shortly.

3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day. It was so fun to have you and Nik here. Though we were sad to see you drive away we are happy for you to have your things to make your life in Portland cozy and homey. oxox
Alright! Glad you made it back to Portland with all your gear. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! xoxo
Oh I can't believe you have been on an air mattress for so long. Yuck. Have a great Birthday we love you.
Post a Comment