Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday Weekend





My birthday this year was on Wednesday and even though I had to work and go to school, I had a wonderful birthday plus weekend to follow. Nik picked me up after school and took me to dinner at a place called 50 Plates. I thought he was super excited because on the way to dinner the Giants (who are now in the World Series) won another game against the Phillies making them one win closer to winning the National League Pennant and going to the World Series. At dinner he was acting really funny. He kept giggling and he was drinking a ton of water. I told him he was acting like he was nervous. At that point he stopped what he was doing and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes. So..... Nik and I are GETTING MARRIED!!! No plans yet on when and where, but there will be a wedding in the future.




If my birthday ended there it would have been the best birthday ever, but there was more in store for me. The next day, when I got off school I met up with Nik. He was at a restaurant near by. I was startled by my sister Sarah who had come for a surprise birthday visit. The two had secretly planned for her to come out, which was super exciting for me. I was so excited to see her because she is pregnant with her first child and I was able to see her and her little bump.


We spent the weekend going to Sauvie Island to a pumpkins patch, taking Wanda for a swim, eating, eating and more eating (hanging out with Nik and a pregnant lady can be dangerous). Then, on Friday night we had a couple friends over for a small birthday celebration.

It was a fantastic weekend and birthday. Nik and I are getting married, Sarah and Zach are pregnant and we are loving our new place. Below is an updated picture of our place now that we have our things.


3 comments:

jeannie said...

Happy, happy times! Birthday, engagement, visit from sis. Life is good. Much love to you and Nik. oxox

Anonymous said...

Exciting news all around. xo

klkosach said...

YEAH!!!!!! I'm so excited!