I left early early Monday morning on the first plane out. My mom was there to pick me up then off to hang with the LaDukes. We spent the day going to Squaw Valley (taking the tram to the top) and then heading to Tahoe City for some much needed Tahoe summer lounging. It was perfect, because I had not seen the LaDukes in a year, I missed my mom and I missed Lake Tahoe. My nieces got to swim in the lake and I had a fantastic time watching them with Addie and Cameron (my brother in-law) play around. After we got back to Reno, my mom cooked a perfect dinner of salmon and lots of veggies. I had been craving salmon for some time and it hit the spot.
The next day I had a lunch date to meet up with the Kosach family (my other family I missed a lot) and my dad (whom I hadn't seen since Thanksgiving and of course who I missed dearly). It was great getting to see them for the short time, but I would have much rather made it longer. (I spaced it on the pictures. Sorry, I forgot to take them.) Afterwards, my dad took me to Hidden Valley country club to go watch my nieces swim. They are so sweet and cute and growing up way to fast. Later, I spent the evening at my moms with the LaDukes and my mom and Ben. We had a great time catching up and enjoying each others company.
The next morning I was already headed back to Portland to get to work on time that day. It was a quick trip, but very worthwhile. Thank you Mom for bringing me to Reno!! It was so wonderful to see everyone and I hope to be back soon. I think the hardest thing for me being away, is the fact that I can't be with my family whenever I want. I miss you all dearly!
6 comments:
It was great to see you, too. Normally, I charge money for pics like that, but you can have that one for free.
Cameron
It was such a fun time. SO glad you were able to join us for the 2 days. Totally worth it to us! oxox
We really missed seeing everyone as well, but we couldn't squeeze it in this time. Looking forward to September visits...
Looks like such a good time! Wish I could have seen everyone :( Glad you made it!
We really missed having the Lathams here, too!! We hope all can be here Thanksgiving.
I am so happy you got to visit your family. It was nice to talk with Addie, and her little girls are so cute! I am excited to actually meet the LaDuke family in person. Jeannie, congrats on such a good looking family all around. We can officially call it the good "Jean-nie Pool!"
Post a Comment