Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Home... New Chapter


It is official. I have found us a new place to live. It is small, it is quaint, but it has a lot of character and it will be only temporary if we choose it to be. It is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment, with a tiny kitchen, a huge walk in closet and a bathroom with a claw-foot bathtub. It is a mile from school (which I start on the 27th of Sept) and a mile from work. I am super excited to be living closer to town. The short commute will help a ton during the rainy season (which apparently should start really soon). I move in on the 12th and Nik will move in whenever he gets back from Germany. This is perfect for us, because it is affordable and in a great neighborhood. Once Nik gets a job we will reevaluate the living situation and decide if we need a bigger place. Wanda (the dog) is allowed. They have a dog run downstairs and a large park nearby. We are on the 3rd floor, which might be challenging for her, but they do have an elevator. We have a covered balcony and lots of natural light. It is really cute and such a perfect place to start a life together.

Family/Dining Room
Bedroom
This phone is used to let people in the front door downstairs. 
Nik and I are ready to be back together and look forward to sharing this place together. Here comes a new chapter in both our lives. One without distance and a chance to be together, just the two of us (actually 3 with Wanda).

6 comments:

jeannie said...

SO cute! the light, paint, size. I love the idea of being close to town, work,and school. Also, close to your honey and doggie should make for a nice new beginning. Good job finding the right place.
Much love,

zach latham said...

We're so stoked for you two, sounds like it is super close to school and work. The video's really do it justice, any way to put them on your blog? Good stuff!

Sarah said...

Hooray I love it! It reminds me of our apt. in SF. Tight but cozy. Perfect location. Can't wait to see it in person :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin & Nik!
I think that place looks adorable! A bigger space just means more STUFF.
I will be in Portland with my parents on 9/11 & 9/12, can we get together?

klkosach said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT!!!!!

Nik Kosach said...

I CAN"T WAIT TO MOVE IN!!!!!!!