
After months of looking, applying, interviewing and traveling back and forth from Reno I have found myself with not one but 2 jobs. I can only take one, so I am fortunate that I have the opportunity to take the one that best fits me. I will be working for the clothing company Patagonia. They are based out of Ventura, California, but have a 300,000 sf service center in Reno. I am sure a lot of us have been to their Outlet store in Reno. I will be working at the retail store here in Portland as the Assistant Store Manager. I believe it is their largest store out of 39 stores in 7 countries. Patagonia is a company that focuses on quality of products and the overall well being of the environment. They strive to make as little an impact on the environment as possible. I have followed this company for quite some time and feel very lucky that I have been chosen for the position. It is very hard to get a job with Patagonia. They mainly promote from within and they have been voted as one of the best companies to work for by Outside Magazine. People don't leave the company, because they are so happy with it and they are known for taking care of their employees. Every time they do have an open position the company receives on average 900 resumes. I found that stat in the owner's book (Yvon Chouinard), titled Let My People Go Surfing. It is an exceptional book about the company and it's philosophies. I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. My first day will be this Monday the 7th.
Also, I just passed my test last Saturday getting re-certified as a personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). I will be personal training on the side to make a little extra cash.
Although I have had the best year of my life being able to travel around the world and meeting the best partner to travel with, I am really looking forward to working and having some responsibility again. Especially since I am with Patagonia. I will, however, be going on one more trip to Europe to travel with Nik during his break in July (Don't worry Patagonia has approved the vacation). I know this new chapter in my life will prove to be just as exciting as all the ones I have had before. So, all I can say with great excitement is, "Bring it On!"
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you and this new position. Patagonia, wow! You'll be such an asset to them They'll love you and I think you'll love the company. Good luck and enjoy the ride. Love, and oxox
Very, very, very, happy for you Erin! They are lucky to have you and you will do a wonderful job!
Post a Comment