Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A day of many hikes


I have been itching to get out and see some of the hiking in the area. I know there is a ton, but I wasn't really sure where to go. On Sunday, I took my Wanda up to Forest Park (the nearby park that is bigger than Golden Gate Park) for a small hike to get her some well needed exercise. She had a blast, but managed to run through all of the mud puddles, so I had the wonderful job of cleaner her up afterward. I'm being sarcastic.


Later I met up with Wanda (my friend) and Andrew and they took me up the 84 highway to a couple different places. The weather was fantastic so it was a perfect opportunity to go out for the day. We did the Wahclella Falls hike. This was a small hike, but beautiful regardless. It felt like I was walking through the rainforest in some far off place. The greenery and the lushness of the land was spectacular. Then we headed up the Eagle Creek Trail. This trail was amazing. At some points we were walking along a thin trail  along a cliff with water coming down from above. Almost as if we were walking under a small waterfall. We didn't have time to go too far up the trail, but it was a great introduction to the places that I can go.


That afternoon I headed with Wanda and Andrew over to their friends house for a BBQ and ladder ball (I think that is what they called it). It was great to be out in the sunshine, meeting new people and enjoying the fantastic weather on my day off. Thanks guys for letting me tag along.

On a side note, work is going great. I'm already in my second week and I am loving the company, the store, the people and the location. I have been riding my bike to work almost everyday (8.5 miles each way) so it has allowed me to get my exercise in as well. Below is a picture of the outside of my store. It is a beautiful historic building in downtown Portland with a few other restaurants and businesses sharing the building with us.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How wonderful! Life looks so good and healthy in Portland :) Oregon is a beautiful state. Can't wait to come visit again!

jeannie said...

You can't beat those waterfalls around there. It makes a hike so worthwhile. You're lucky to be where there are so many!

Nik Kosach said...

Looks like you have a lot of places to show me when I come home :)