Yesterday I spent the morning with Zach (my brother-in-law). He is a hydrologist here in Idaho and he was doing some field work out at Sun Valley Ranch, so he invited me along. I took him up on his offer and off we went. Of course, we brought the doggies along. I gotta tell you it was like dog heaven. Creeks everywhere, ponds, tall grass, little rodents running around. They were lovin' every minute of it. The morning was spent testing underground water levels. There were about 40 white tubes placed in the ground around this property and Zach new where each one was. Although we did spend some time looking for one that was buried under some tall grass. This is a fairly large piece of land. I think he said it was about 3 square miles. Zach was the best tour guide, he knew about everything. We saw many many hawks, a bald eagle, herons, and some ducks. We even saw some duck decoys. Sally thought they were real. She swam out to them grabbing them, then realizing they were fake and letting them go. It was pretty hilarious!
After we were finished with the field work, he took me over to this house that sits on the property. It is called the Hadley Stewart House. Apparently it was built by this err to the Carnation fortune a while back. Sarah actually did a photo shoot in it last summer for Scott USA. This house it crazy! It is the most eccentric house I have ever seen. Definitely meant for parties in the 60s, with an overly large main room and the most outlandish designs. The house has been empty for some time and is only used for things like photo shoots. It was really eerie walking in there. I told Zach I felt like I was walking into a horror movie. The kitchen is a bright pink, there is a bathroom with frog wallpaper, one with (it looked like) aluminum foil for walls, a gigantic rabbit fur ottoman, and really odd fixtures and carpet all over the place.
All in all it was a great day of adventure! Thanks Zach for taking me along.
You can check my blog for more photos of the house and the ranch we were on.


1 comment:
What fun. Zach is a great guy and always fun to be with. So nice of him to take you along. Way to go, Zach! That house is amazing. I've never seen such an outlandishly tall cabinet.
Post a Comment