Monday, January 9, 2012

Timberline Skin


Some days you have it all together and well some you just don't. Sunday was one of those days that I definitely did not have it all together. We planned to meet our friends Andrew and Wanda (Vunda) up at Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood for a skin up the mountain, then a ski down. First we showed up a few minutes late. Then, as we were pulling into the Timberline parking lot I realized I forgot my skins (can't get much skinning in without any skins). I volunteered to go to a nearby resort where Nik and I  have a pass, so I wouldn't interrupt everyone else's day. Nik wasn't going to let me go skiing by myself and he insisted he would boot pack it up the mountain while I borrowed his skins (I have the greatest soon to be husband). Then, as we were clipping into our bindings to start our assent, I realized I never got my bindings adjusted to my new ski boots. I needed to adjust them a couple centimeters :-/ So, after all the waiting Andrew and Wanda decided to head up (they were so patient) and Nik helped me figure out my bindings in the lodge.




Wanda didn't climb with us, but we made sure to get her play time in afterwards.

Finally after all the mishaps Nik and I were able to ascend the mountain. It was a gorgeous day!!  Overall it felt incredible to be out on the mountain enjoying the beautiful weather. We met Andrew and Wanda on the ski down. It was a blast!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to make the most of it! Glad you guys had a good day :)

zach latham said...

Outstanding! Great work!