Wednesday, October 26, 2011

30th Birthday Extravaganza

Wow!! I am still in aww with the fact that I have officially turned 30. I made sure that it wasn't a quite or subtle entrance into it though. On my birthday I woke up in Ventura, CA. I had been there for work and I was going to head North to meet up with my Nana in San Jose, then head north again to San Francisco for a weekend of Family and fun. Nik had a box of chocolates delivered to my hotel room, so I wouldn't be empty handed on my big day. I thought that was such a sweet gesture.

My Nana
I landed in San Jose and spent the afternoon with my Nana going to lunch at PF Changs and catching up with her at her home. I love her house and she looks wonderful. It was so great to see her, I just wish I was closer to see her more. That afternoon she dropped me off at the train station so I could take the train to San Francisco. I was so excited because my mom was there to greet me. We spent some time shopping around and getting make-up touchups before we met up with Ben and Mariah for dinner at a well known restaurant called A16 (named after a highway in Italy). Our server was a little less than parr, but the food and seeing many of my family members made my birthday dinner a wonderful one. Afterwards we went to the hotel and ate cupcakes for dessert. My mom had brought them from my friend's bakery in Reno.


A16
Ben, myself and Mom
Mariah and Mom
Birthday Cupcakes


The next morning I said my good-byes and took BART to the East Bay to spend the day with my soon to be sister in-law, Susie. She is due with their first child soon and she looks fantastic. Nik flew in later that evening and we picked him up at the BART station. It had been almost a week since we had seen each other so we were very excited to be together again. That night Steve and Susie made me a delicious birthday dinner of steak, mushroom risotto, salad and an assortment of delicious desserts. Steve Sr and Gail had just arrived to town so they stopped by as well for a bit.


Gail feeling Susie belly
On Saturday, Nik took me back into the city to enjoy a day of shopping, China Town, Little Italy, Ghirardelli Square and Fort Mason. He also reserved us a beautiful hotel room in Hotel Monaco. It is a  great place to stay in the city!! The hotel surprised me with a birthday card and a bottle of wine. That night Steve, Susie, Steve Sr and Gail met us in the city for another fantastic dinner, this time at Nopa. We had a great time and the food was delicious!



Near Union Square
China Town
Fort Mason
 
Dinner at Nopa

On Sunday, Nik and I shopped a little more and ate lunch at the Ferry Building. We had to eat some clam chowder before we left town. Then, we took the BART to the east bay again to visit his Baba in Lafayette. That night we flew home and found our little Wanda waiting there for us.



Ferry Building

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. It truly was an amazing experience. Thank you everyone for going out of your way to be there with me. Most of all thank you Nik for planning such an incredible birthday. I love you so very much!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! The weather looked great in the bay. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday. Wish we could have been there! Happy 30th!

jeannie said...

It was such a special thing for us to be able to participate in the celebration of your 30th ! Fun night and so glad that Nik and family were able to take you on through the weekend. Fabulous pictures! You look great in your new duds, too! oxox