Monday, May 2, 2011

Moroccan food and a beautiful bike day


Nik and I get paid opposite Fridays. We have decided to make Friday our date night, so who ever gets paid that day gets to choose where we are going to eat and they get to pay ;-) It works out wonderfully, because if I want to go to a nice dinner somewhere, we can and if Nik wants to go to a sportsbar somewhere, we can. Last Friday was my night. I decided to take us to Mirrakesh a Moroccan restaurant. Neither of us have been before, so I knew this would be interesting. At moroccan restaurants you sit on the floor and enjoy your food with your fingers. There is also entertainment of belly dancers throughout the evening. It was different and fun. The belly dancing was interesting because she was excepting tips in her costume (it reminded me of a less classy profession that is very prominent around here as well). I guess I wasn't to keen on the kids running up and putting money in her pants. All in all the food was good and we enjoyed ourselves in an unusual setting. 



On Sunday the weather was the warmest it has been all year (a wopping 70 degrees). It was time to venture out and see some other neighborhoods around town. Since moving to the Pearl District we have spent much of our time downtown. Nik gets out everyday for his job and he drives all over town. I walk to and from work, so I get out much less. We got on our bikes and headed across the Broadway Bridge to the Mississippi and Alberta Districts. These neighborhoods are in NE Portland and have a very young and hip vibe. We rode around, enjoyed some coffee, then found our way to a few breweries. The weather was spectacular and Nik and I had a blast getting exercise and exploring the city. 


1 comment:

jeannie said...

You two do the most fun things! I can't wait to get up there and have you show me the city again. It's really got a lot of great food places and the atmosphere is wonderful. oxox