Friday, December 10, 2010

Break for Christmas

I have officially finished my first term at Portland State. I must admit it was very difficult to balance work, school and then (most important) my personal life. But, in the end it was all worth it. I get a whole month off and I will be ready to go again after Christmas.
In the mean time things have really picked up at work, so it is nice to just come home after a long day of racing around on my feet... instead of heading off to school.

Nik is doing very well in his new job. He is already impressing his team and showing Everest College what he can do. We are very lucky, because our jobs are so close to each other. We are able to frequently meet on our lunch break. It makes it nice to spend a little time with each other in the middle of the day.



Nik and I decided to get into the holiday mood, so we headed across the river (basically outside of downtown) and went to a tree lot for a Christmas tree. We brought home a tiny little 2.5 foot tree. We decorated it with lights and hung some of my old ornaments. It was fun getting into the holiday spirit, because we really haven't done anything until now. The house smells like pine, we have ordered our holiday cards and the shopping has begun.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the tree! Nice work :) And congratulations on completing your first term at PU! Every day you are a step closer to your degree. xoxo

jeannie said...

I love peeking at your apartment and your lives together through your blog. I just said, "Awww..." So proud of you finishing your first big push back in school and both of you working. Good work getting it all done. You'll be looking back at these years with a smile, too. : ) Love you!