Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Moving in and moving home

I was scheduled to move into our new place on Friday the 10th. I was so ready to be closer to town and have a place we could call home. Not surprisingly, it only took me 3 loads of my little subaru to get all of my stuff into the new place. I don't have any furniture and the biggest items I own are Wanda and my bike. During my first 2 loads Wanda was so worried I was going to leave her behind. She had this terribly scared look on her face. I kept assuring her she was coming along, just not quite yet. When it was finally her turn to get in the car, she raced to the car and the look on her face completely changed to super excited. She didn't look back at the old house.

On Saturday while unpacking I received an email from Nik. They had lost their games in Germany and he was coming home on Tuesday. I can't explain the feeling of being really sad for his loss, but really happy that he was finally coming home. As bad as I felt for him, I was super excited he would only be a couple days behind me in moving in to our place. He was scheduled to come in on Tuesday night. I couldn't believe it, he was finally coming home and this time I would be meeting him at the end of security (instead of vice versa). I always get a little nervous before I see him after a long time away. This time was different, I knew he was staying for good and we wouldn't have anymore long goodbyes. I was nervous, but super excited to finally start the life together we have been planning for so long.

He walked through the security area and gave me the biggest and best hug. I could feel this gigantic weight come off my shoulders knowing that he was finally home. No more 9 hour difference, no more Skype and no more iNik. Awww, it was a good feeling. We got his luggage and off we drove to our new place. He was so excited to see it, but I could tell he was also very tired from the long (about 24 hour) plane trip. Nik loved the place (he did pick it out), but he was more excited to see Wanda (the dog). As soon as they saw each other I could tell she missed him too. She was so excited to see her play buddy again.


It has been wonderful having Nik home. It feels like we moved into our new place together and we are slowing working towards getting the things we need. Most of our stuff is in Reno, so we have been getting by with the bare necessities. Eventually we will take a trip home to get our things, but until then we will have to make do.


Our new life together has begun and we both are very happy and excited for all the wonderful things to come.

3 comments:

zach latham said...

We are so happy for you two, it seems like your lives are now in sync and you can spend time together. Seeing you happy definitly makes us happy! Hi to Nik-

Sarah said...

Hooray! Love the new place and so happy Nik is back. Why is the sofa not up against a wall? I can tell it's cute.

jeannie said...

Glad you two are finally on the same continent! ha,ha Seriously, it's good to see the two of you together and having fun. Wanda, too!