Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oregon Friends come to Tahoe



What an incredible weekend. Nik's friends from Portland came down to Tahoe for some good ole' winter skiing. We had a great time skiing at Heavenly on Saturday and Sunday, then heading over to Squaw Valley on Monday to finish off the trip. On Saturday, it dumped all day. We were getting fresh tracks every run, so we skipped lunch and skied the entire day without a break. We were pretty tired and wet by the time we finished. Heavenly was great though, they had FREE hot chocolate and cookies for everyone getting off the hill. It really made for a perfect ending to an epic day. They are all very good skiers, so I had only one option this weekend with my skiing skills and that was to get good quickly. I really feel I improved exponentially. 



We all stayed at Nik's cabin in South Lake. It was a little tight with six people, but we all got along great and had many laughs. For the Super Bowl, we got back in time from skiing to make our bets at the casinos (no winners), throw together chili on the crock-pot, make some appetizers and crack some beers. Later on that night we made a shotski out of an old ski and six shot glasses (it is a necessity to have at any ski cabin) and we played card games. 


It was an incredible weekend with great people and great snow. One I will not soon forget!

3 comments:

zach latham said...

Holy Shotski! Nice work Erin, looks like you had an amazing weekend! S and I can't wait to see you in March, say hi to Nik and Wanda-ro-

Sarah said...

Uh oh! The Shotski....:) Looks like fun!

jeannie said...

Oh, what fun. I can't believe you're a skier now after all of your years on the board. Good for you for picking it up so quickly. xoxo