
About 5 months ago I decided it was time for me to travel. I have always wanted to, but have never had the money or another person to travel with. So, instead of waiting around for those I decided to do it anyways. I took the plunge and booked a trip to South America, primarily the Patagonia region (Argentina and Chile). I knew the money would come, it always seems to work out that way, but going solo I didn't think about to much. I am an independent person, but I have never been to a different country on my own.
2 weeks ago, it really hit me that not only was I going on this trip, but I was going alone. Now, there is nothing wrong with this except the fact that I had not done anything to prepare. I would have to say in the last couple of weeks I have scrambled to get everything together. Something I will think about next time for sure. Prepping for this trip and having the busiest work schedule has definitely caused some stress in my world.
Now, I feel like I am almost there. I have everything I need, I have been in contact with all of the friends of family and friends that I know down there, I have all of my shots and I have been given tons of tips on places to go, things to see and do, people to meet and food to eat. Also, lots of tips on safety, I know everyone is worried about my safety. Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Of course, I know there will be things I did not expect and I know when I get there I will probably get a little overwhelmed, but I also do know this will be an amazing experience and I will have the time of my life. Check back periodically, if you want to see my adventures on the road. I will be sure to update as much as possible.
I will upload all of my photos to my web gallery at http://gallery.me.com/eweed#gallery
Love to you all!
Love to you all!
2 comments:
Yo! It should be "Life According to Erin" :) Glad your up and running! xoxo, sista sarah
Fantastic! We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. Love, Mom
Post a Comment