Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pack light

Well... it is that time. I can't believe it is finally here. I have my bag packed, my documents in order and mentally I feel like I am ready. I have to prepare myself for the many solo times ahead. Let's face it, I had the best summer ever. I reconnected with a ton of old friends, I met a ton of new friends, I was out and about almost every day and night and I really never got a chance to sit, rest and reflect. I know this will be a good thing for me. Probably a little eye opening, but definitely a good thing. I love it, my Mom yesterday said she would have loved to have gone with me. I did invite her (along with everyone else), because I knew this was going to be an amazing experience. Lot's of people sounded excited, but truly never got around to really doing it. Now, I look back and I am glad no one took me up on my offer. For whatever reason, I am meant to go solo and I choose to embrace that.

Ok, no more serious, deep thought stuff. What did I pack?
4 shirts
3 pants
1 pair of snowboard pants
5 pairs of socks
5 pairs of underware
a sleepingbag (Thanks Reid!)
3 sweaters
2 pairs of shoes
1 down sweater
1 rain coat
1 swimsuit
1 beanie (Logan made me ;-)
1 pair of snow gloves
a couple other things here and there
and...

an open mind


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Bien Viaje! Have a great time and can't wait to hear all about your travels :) xoxoxoxoxo

Aime' said...

Erin, you are probably well on your way.......have an amazing experience!! Reflect, think, ponder, drink, watch, and maybe even fall in love!! Soak it all in!!

Yaya said...

Wow - good for you! Travel is the best teacher. We send our best thoughts, energy and prayers with you.
Love, Brad & Ally