Friday, September 14, 2012

Two Years

Hi all, It's Nik here:)

I figured it had been a while since I wrote a post, and considering all of the deliciousness of life, I had to jump in and share with a big ole spoon full!

Speaking of spoon-full, while I was eating my breakfast this morning I realized it has been 2 years since Erin and I moved in together to our tiny little apartment on St. Claire St. in Portland. Although we haven't grown much in living space, our family has certainly grown (which I am sure will be the case for a few more years to come).

Back on September 14, 2010 I arrived home from being over-seas for 6 months in Germany. I had seen Erin twice since I left in late March, but had not been back to the USA since then. Not to forget was the fact that we had decided over that time that we should live together once I did get back, and we picked Portland as the starting block. So, when my plane landed in Portland, Oregon late on the 14th of September, I came back to the USA living in a new city, with a beautiful girl, and a wonderful dog in our very own place in SW Portland. As good as I had it then, things only got better! 

Throughout the last two years, we have seen family additions with Liam LaDuke, Dax Latham and Connor Kosach, and added our own addition with our puppy, Emmie. Little did we know that right when we got Emmie, we made yet another addition. Yes, of course, we a talking about Baby "K" and Erin's pregnancy! On a different note, we also inherited a brother when my sister, Keri, married Sam Ottesen: The Big tall guy from Canada who loves Hockey and plays a little golf on the side. He is ok for a Canadian:)

On a personal level, life with Erin has been such an amazing ride. From the time I got home to her and Wanda 2 years ago, we have done nothing but grow on an interpersonal level. From our engagement in October 2010, to our wedding in January of this year, and all throughout her pregnancy since the wedding, (I still can't believe we got so lucky to be expecting right after we got hitched:) we have had an amazing time!

For all of the blog posts in which she brags about me, or says what a good husband/fiance/boyfriend I have been the past few years, I cannot express enough of how I feel the same. I realize that one blog post about her awesomeness every few years is certainly not enough, but I want everyone to know that Erin is an continues to be a very inspiring, loving, hard working, and an overall EXCELLENT person and spouse. Life has been so easy with her by my side and I am so thankful everyday to be a part of it! I know that she is going to be a terrific mother, and I cannot wait to see her with our little one in the coming months!

So, with all of the dramatic and wonderful changes that have occurred in the last 2 years, there is only one word to sum it all up. "AWESOME!"

One thing Erin and I are certain of is that there will always be awesome changes ahead, and life gets harder, more challenging, and WAY better as time goes on. We hope the next few years go by in the same awe-inspiring fashion as the last two, and we never stop growing in the years ahead. We also hope we get to share it with ALL of you!

With all of that said, we certainly will enjoy today, and we can't wait for tomorrow and the days, months, and years that follow.

-Nik-


Here are some great pictures from the past two years which I thought everyone would enjoy:)

Portland, September 2010
Our "First" Anniversary- Hood River, Oregon- October 2010


Go Giants! 2010 World Series Champs!! St. Claire Apartment- October, 2010

Loving Portland, January 2011
Callie, Avery, and newest addition- Liam LaDuke

Latham's with Baby Dax- July, 2011

Gail's 60th! August, 2011

Keri and Sam's Wedding- September, 2011

Erin's 30th in San Francisco- October, 2011

Moma Susie and Baby Connor- Christmas, 2011

Grandpa Bob with Liam and Dax on our Wedding Day- January, 2012

Wedding Day- January 28, 2012

Emmie and Erin- February 6th, 2012
Introduction to Baby "K"- April 2, 2012

Ben and Jeanie in Astoria, Oregon- May 2012
Steve, Gail and Nik- Hood River, Oregon- May, 2012

Honeymoon in Kauai- May/June, 2012

Baby "K"- 20 weeks along- June 26, 2012












Nana's Birthday- August, 2012
Lake Tahoe- August, 2012
Erin 31 weeks along- September 12, 2012
MORE TO COME IN THE MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD:)