Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving with Friends


Nik and I weren't able to go home for Thanksgiving this year. I needed to be at work on Friday and Saturday after and we made the decision that going home for Christmas would be a better time. So, we decided to do the Orphan Thanksgiving with friends. Haley and John were the hosts and they opted to do the turkey, gravy, some rolls and a side. Each couple brought one or two items as well. It turned out to be a fantastic time, and the food was exceptional. There was 9 of us total and two dogs. We had all the fixings and John and Haley's first attempt at a turkey was a huge success. I was so impressed.

Our friends, Paul and Erin
Haley's turkey
The spread
The yummy meal
Enjoying dinner
We missed our family dearly since this was our first Thanksgiving away. But, we made sure to have a great time with our friends in Portland.


No comments: