Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Parkways


I am getting a little behind in my updates, only because the weather has finally gotten better and we are spending much more time outdoors. About four times a week, Nik and I are BBQing on the roof of our building. There is a BBQ and a fire pit to enjoy when the weather is good and we have been fully embracing this amenity.

Every weekend there seems to be some sort of festival or event going on, so we make sure to try as much as possible. A few weeks a go, Nik and I participated in Sunday Parkways. It is a series of Sundays, where the city shuts down a loop of regular streets (each time in a different neighborhood) so the public can walk, ride their bike, skip, skateboard or do what ever they want. This is an excuse to explore the city without having the burden of traffic. Nik and I participated in the downtown event and we enjoyed ourselves on our bikes around town for the day. Sunday Parkways



The next weekend was the Oregon Brewers Festival. Nik is kind of a beer connoisseur, so this was a definite must for the weekend. There were hundreds of breweries participating in the event and we did our best to try a few. Nik always teaches me a few things about the flavor and taste of beer when we do things like this so we had a good time sipping the different beers. We went on a Sunday, which was supposed to be the "not so busy day". By the looks of the pictures below, it was definitely busy. We had fun regardless.



Summers here really are so much fun. It makes up for the rest of the years weather. I am lucky to have the best partner in crime to go to all of these events. Nik and I are really enjoying our life in Portland. 


2 comments:

jeannie said...

Love Portland and so glad you're finally having the good weather. Can't wait to see you in September!! oxox

Sarah said...

So great you have all of Portland at your fingertips!