Friday, February 25, 2011

Sunny Crisp day in the PDX

Yesterday it snowed (lightly) and the entire city shut down. Schools were closed and people were afraid to be on the roads (the roads were clear). Portland can handle the rain that is for sure, but when it snows here everyone freezes in terror of the dreaded white stuff. Personally, I loved it. Watching the snow fall reminded me of home and it was a beautiful sight to see.


Today on the other hand, we woke up to beautiful blue skies, no clouds and Mt hood glistening in the distance. I was fortunate to have the day off and Nik had a short day, so we took our little Wandaroo out for a very long walk along the Willamette River. We enjoyed exploring the areas around us we haven't seen before. It was beautiful, but it was also very cold. Luckily I work for a clothing company so we were readily dressed for our day out on the town.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! I heard SF got a little of the white stuff too :) Maybe you should ski to work next time...xoxo