Bringing in this new year we wanted to do something fun, but we weren't quite sure what our options were. Last minute, we were invited to spend the night at the coast. Gus and Colleen (our friends from town) invited us to their cottage in the beach town of Seaside. When we arrived Gus and Cols made us a great lasagna dinner, then following we played all sorts of card games. By the time the ball was dropping for the New Year we were struggling to stay awake. I had such an incredible 2010, I was a little sad to see if go. But, looking forward, I am excited for 2011.
On Sunday we decided to head the opposite way from Portland and head to the mountains. It was going to be a ski day with some friends and Nik and I were super excited. This was to be the first day of the year for us. We went to a resort called Ski Bowl which over looks Mt Hood. We had incredible views of Hood, Mt Adams and Mt St. Helens. We could even see Mt Rainer way way in the distance. The weather was great (except for the wind) and the snow was kind of crusty, but we still made sure to have the best day.
It was a fantastic weekend to start off the new year. Thinking back Nik and I were on a plane to Thailand last new years. Then, we spent most of the year traveling. This year we spent our time with friends and exploring the areas around us. Maybe that is what this year will be about. I look forward to it!
2 comments:
What a fun New Years! I think this year will be even better then the last :)
Beautiful scenery and people. Fun beginning, middle, and end to 2010. A great start to 2011. So much ahead of you. Where's Nik's helmet? Love, Mom
Post a Comment